<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 17, 2003




I have a theory about romance. I believe that awkwardness breeds romance. I think there's quite a bit of corroborating evidence to support this. For example, look at any couple around you still in the early stages of romance. There's so much awkward silence and uncertain staring. It's great. Look at most movies. Like "Love Actually" for example. There were so many great awkward moments in that movie. Like that girl who likes that guy Karl, and she never knows what to say to him, and they're ending that date, and they finally agree that he should come inside. They had such a weird time deciding. It was cute. I think I've pretty much proved my point. Now, the question is, how can I harness the power of awkwardness? There must be a balance, a way of discovering the perfect amount of weirdness in any given situation. I could then use that, and rule the world. Of romance. Somehow . . .

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?