<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 05, 2003


Last night I could not sleep! I was lying in bed wide awake full of unintentional ponderings. I think its funny when my mind just refuses to stop at the most inconvenient of moments. Yet put me face to face with some cute guy I don't know and... nothing, nope not a thing will come to my mind. Yikes. If only I could refine the art of social conversation with the use of this stubborn, always working mind.
So anyways, last night I was pondering the concept of love. Not in the fuzzy warm, twitterpated way, but the socal concept of love. "Love is Blind" I hate that stupid clichè. Of all things love is not blind! Stupidity is blind. Foolishness is blind. Love is not blind! Love brings clarity to our sight. Love shows us the faults of others in a true perspective. It accepts the raw, undesirable part of humanity and prevails through it. If I loved someone conditionally, it would not be love, only convenience or obligation. Love, by definition must be unconditional or it is not love at all. Love sees faults in people clearly and is not afraid to face these faults. Our tolerant, relativistic society hides behind the love is blind ideal. If we ignore the faults then we won't have to deal with them. And all people have a right to have faults if they want to. If I had friends who believed in these lies I would be hurting, alone and unhealthy. Thank God I have friends who call me on the things I do to hurt others or myself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?