<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 02, 2003


I found out some stuff about a friend today. Bad stuff. It doesn't affect me directly (well kind of does), yet I feel hurt. His motivation towards friendships in general are in question because of it. I am attempting to keep this vague, so don't expect details. They aren't important anyways. What is important is my response.
I think the problem comes out of a misunderstanding. A belief that manipulation is okay. In fact necessary to keep relationship. The problem is that manipulation is not a foundation to build a relationships, but the tool used to break them down. I'm not stupid. Though I believe this has been well established I still feel the need to reiterate this fact. I have a lot of God given insight. When I am manipulated, I see it. Just because I see it doesn't mean I show that I do. When I am generous or compassionate it is because I love. I am not given to pacifying for the sake of making people happy. I don't like feeling as though a friend might think that they have the ability to manouver me into doing things they want. I don't need to be manouvered. If I'm asked I'll do it all the same. I don't like feeling taken advantage of because someone believes themselves to be inconspicuous manipulators. I am not a pawn to be moved with human hands (side note: I was learning chess today - I liked it). God is my motivation. I do not unwittingly treat people well. I purposefully love. I knew this person tried to manipulate, I just hadn't realized that they were so aware and strategic in it. It was their awareness and strategy that I found out today. It hurts because it's disrespectful and evidence that they believe themselves to be better/smarter than me. The fact is none of that matters. God gives us the mind he chooses. He gives us the body/everything he chooses. How we use these things is a great responsibility. Shame on us for using them selfishly and thinking we created ourselves. So friend, know this:
I love you because I love you.
Not because you make me

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?