<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 07, 2003


Life.
What even is it all about?
Being born and dying.
Building and tearing down.
Destroying and healing.
Weeping and laughing.
Mourning and dancing.
Embracing and letting go.
Searching and giving up.
Tearing and mending.
Speaking and being silent.
Loving and hating.

I don't know what to think anymore. The world certainly isn't the ideal place I used to believe. But neither is it wholly bad. There's a lot of tough stuff. But in the midst of every situation is a glimmer of hope. That's what keeps things going, I think.

I don't know where my life is headed. But one thing has become crystal clear this semester. People hurt. And above anything else that I want to do...I want to help those people who hurt. Not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. This is what truly tugs at my heart.

It's funny. I was telling my mom this. And she was not surprised in the least. I mean, this is a new revelation for me! Never once when I was little did I say anything like, "I want to be a counsellor." Or, "I want to do social work." But my mom said this is the direction she's always thought I was headed. Moms. How do they do it?

Love actually is all around.
Sometimes you just need to look a little further.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?