<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 29, 2003


So I just figured out today that the lesson I've been learning so far this year has been patience. Big time! I don't know why I didn't realize it before. It's a lot easier to handle things when you know there's a purpose behind them. But man, patience is so hard sometimes. Like, seriously, why can't we always get what we want, when we want to get it. Really!

I've had so much on my mind lately. With all this Christmas gifts and stuff, I've been re-realizing how much I just want a life of simplicity. Stuff just gets in the way so much. But it seems like simplicity goes against the very culture we live in. And it's so easy to get caught up with stuff. Yet this is one area I do not want to settle in. Especially because of the kind of ministry/lifestyle that I want to be living. Like, if I do end up helping street people and addicts, I would feel like such a hypocrite to be living in a luxurious house while they had next to nothing. I just can't reconcile the two. I guess I've just been feeling lately like I really want to hold on to the dreams and ideals that I do have for my life. Even living a life of ministry...like, what will that look like for me? Is is possible to fulfill the dreams that I have? Some of them seem impossible to actually live out with everything that I want to do...yet above all I don't want to give up on those dreams. I'm sure they won't turn out like I actually expect them too...but still...I want to live them out however I can. Part of this has to do with me being a girl. A girl wanting to be a full-time minister. I know it's possible...I've seen people do it. But I sometimes I doubt that it is possible. Mainly because of wanting to be married and have a family someday (yes, I admit it's true). Not many girls do that and are fully involved in ministry. I believe deep within that I can do it...but I do have my moments where I just need some reassurance. So that's where I'm at lately.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?