<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004


i am sitting in a coffee shop, my laptop on my knees.
comfortably nestled in a seat of softest leather i’m recumbent.
the warm, reassuring scent of coffee drifts around me.
a gentle, haunting banjo paints the night sky amongst a field of crickets.
that stops. the mood changes, only slightly.
more music, this time a guitar, rhythmic, soft, persistent.
someone sits on my right reading a book.
conversation wafts through the air with the imaginary smoke that i think should exist here.
a cappucino sits next to me, mostly full, looking content to remain as it is.
i felt tension, hoping this perfect reverie would never end.
now i can’t wait for something to happen.
one moment containing a thousand impressions, the briefest glimpse of something;
creation in a timeless aspect, a moment of eternal rest;
only visible in contrast with my busy life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?