<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004


So here's what I was thinking. Well, we spent a few days away at a cabin/cottage in the middle of nowhere (literally!). And it was totally nice being away, not having any time restraints and having nothing that had to be done. I thought to myself how easy it would be to live that simply all the time. To detach from the hustle and bustle of busyness. That is something that I used to think I want. But as I thought about it more, I don't think that is what I want. Christians should not be isolated from the world around. How much more meaningful is it to live lives the same as the people around us, and spread God's light in everything we do. I think that's what Jesus really wanted. For me though, sad as it is, this is not what comes naturally. It's a lot easier to separate myself and remain surrounded only by other Christians. It's all I've really ever known. But I don't want it anymore! I used to picture myself doing "full-time ministry" and giving up my whole life to serve others. And now I see it in a whole new light. I want to serve others with everything in me. But I think I can do that while living my life too. I almost think that would be more effective...People don't want to see Christians living these "holier than thou" lives. They want to see people who are real. People who live "normal" lives, but do everything unto the Lord. That's what I want to do. So, yeah. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, something else. You know how they tell you that when you have a problem with someone you should always talk about it? ("they" being the smart people out there telling us what to do). Well, I don't think I agree. Like, if there is no solution to the problem, like if it's not something that can be changed, why tell the person that you have a problem? I understand that if the problem can be remedied it is good to talk about. But like, someone came to me telling me about a problem they have with me that is something that is just not going to change. And the problem is from their side, not from mine. So, what am I supposed to do? Because now I know that I am bothering that person whenever I do this...but it's not going to change. Basically, I am annoyed. And I've decided not to counsel people to always talk to the person they have a problem with, unless they know something can and should be changed.

So, that's me for now.

Only 30 days till my birthday...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?