<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 27, 2004


There's not much worse out there than when something that is really important to you is simply dismissed as irrelevant by another person, especially if he/she is a family member or friend. It's hard enough trying to live a life and to follow one's own convictions, but it becomes almost impossibly hard when your convictions aren't important to others.

So, I'll admit, I'm finding the transition from boyhood to manhood a difficult one. Grappling with new responsibilities, trying to be a godly man, trying to do the right thing, these are all hard things to do. And when I put effort into doing what is right, it is not simply an inconvenience when my responsibility is disregarded by others, but it is an offense. It's hurts. How does one become a man without taking responsiblity for the things going on around him? Is becoming a man a game? I don't think so. I certainly hope not.

Do people see me as a domineering male authority figure, simply attempting to assert my power and dominance over other people? Cause that's bullshit. I just love making people bend according to my will. I'm not saying I'm some sort of hero or anything, or that my actions are expected to change the world. And maybe the specific matter at hand is minor, maybe it doesn't really matter if girls are walking up and down dark streets alone. They're right, odds are, nothing will happen. And I don't by any means intend or hope for a "I told you so" situation. It's not so much about the situation but about the principle. I guess it doesn't matter that I think girls are important enough to be protected, even from mundane things. And what was I told? "It's okay."

Well, it's okay. I guess men aren't important in this world anymore.


"I spit out like a sewer hole
I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?
After such a love as this?"

"Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?