<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 17, 2004


Rock Garden - May 16, 2004

Rikk Watts is pretty damn cool. I know I'm a bible nerd (thanks Holly for the term), but I can sit and listen to that guy for hours. And today, I did. Well, for hour, and a bit. I love the way he tangents, but it still all flows naturally. He's funny, without being over the top, or being super cheeseball corny. The worship band was also really good. Not super showy (which I like), but solid, humble worship leading. Besides, they had two IMR members. It was cool to see them in this environment.

The worship leader, this guy named Andrew (good name), was really good. He's not a prodigy or anything. He plays as if he's on the verge of being too nervous to lead, you know, like those guys who are backup singers for years, then are given a shot at it, and they don't have any control over their songs. It added a great humble element to his playing. It was great, and I will come from Abbotsford next semester.

In saying all this, I'm glad I was able to write two short paragraphs about this service. I hate it when people go to services, and when you ask them about it, all they say is "Good" or "Fine." Those are the things we say to our parents when we don't want to tell them about school. By no means did I include a full description of the service here, not because I don't want to, but because it would be tedious to write. And long. It would be much better in person. All this is just to say that if someone where to ask me about the service, I would have something to say about it. And that makes me happy.

Oh, by the way (Bryan, you'll like this), Rikk used an obligatory 'Troy' clip in his sermon. And they took the offering with a rubber boot. That was cool.


"All the things that we've been through
You should understand me like I understand you
Now girl I know the difference between right and wrong
I ain't gonna do nothing to break up our happy home
Oh don't get so excited when I come home a little late at night
Cos we only act like children when we argue fuss and fight"

"If you don't know me by now,
You will never never never know me"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?