<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 14, 2004

A frog in a well shaft seeing the sky 


I've noticed that of late, I've become increasingly narrow minded, and though it scares me, I don't see it as a bad thing, necessarily. It's kind of hard to explain, so here goes nothing.

It's like this. I believe certain things because I think they are true. The argument behind the belief, at least in my eyes, is valid. 2+2=4 because the evidence says so. Now, to look at the same evidence 2+2, but to achieve any answer other than 4 is wrong. What I'm trying to say is that, if a belief comes into to conflict with my own, it must be wrong, because the evidence won't add up.

In a society where everybody is right, it's hard for me to call other people wrong, even though they are. And I don't feel narrow minded because of outside pressure, not because someone called me intolerant or anything like that. I feel more so because I tend to outrightly reject other points of view. I try not to be stereotypically Christian by believing only what's in my little bubble, and rejecting all else without even examining it. I'm not quite sure how good of a job I'm doing.


"This mellow, sweet, short-haired boy,
Woman offers pull up a seat
Take in one symphony now,
We’ve just begun to battle
Wrap your heel in bones of steel,
Turn the leg, a twist of color
Autumn waded seven seas swimming colored come another"

"Seven Chinese brothers swallowing the ocean
Seven thousand years to sleep away the pain
She will return, she will return"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?