<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

I disagree 


I'm sorry Bryan, but I would have to say I definitely agree with Holly on this one.  Holly is extremely funny in a charming way.  She does not crack jokes that are dumb, which may be why "our" guys do not find her funny.  But she is the queen of wit and good comebacks.  I aspire to be like her in that, though that is one of my weakest areas of all.  I do think it will be her humour that will attract the man of her dreams, whether you realize it or not.  And it is true that no one can match the funnyness of Laura Hooper, but she stands in a class of her own.   Holly is, by far, one of the funniest girls I know. 
In the manner of the terminology of "our" guys, I think you just misunderstand what is meant.   There is a clear distinction between the word "our" and the word "my, or mine."  "My" Dan, is completely different than "our" Dan.  You can be someone's guy and still be "our" Bryan.  It is not just a possessive thing (though sometimes, I must admit, us girls struggle with this).  But it does not exclude you from belonging to whomever else you choose to belong to.  And usually the use of "our" does not single out one person.  It is a collective in reference to the group of guys that we feel comfortable enough to call our good friends without worrying about any romance...though occasionally secret romances to come about...but that's a whole other topic.  It should also be noted that classifying certain people as "our" guys sets them apart from other guys.  It is an honour - one that not many people attain.   So if you still do not want to be called one of "our" guys, we shall refrain from using that term around you...however we cannot agree to stop using the term altogether, especially when we are together.  If you only understood how much pleasure we get from being around "our" guys when we are all together, this would make more sense.  And I realize that I am speaking on behalf of the other girls, but I think they would agree with me as well. 
Ultra confident Bryan is very confident.  But regular Bryan is sometimes way more funny, in my opinion. 
This is not a big deal at all.  I am at work and bored at the moment. 
A post on this blogsite is always open for comment.  Hence the reason I reply to your blog. 
True, Holly is not around enough stranger boys. 
But where are good quality stranger boys to be found? 
There are stranger boys to be found than you...though you may have to look a while. 
Growing hair takes a long time.  And the red is looking pretty good right now. 
Jessica Simpson?  Yes, perfect.  She should be the rolemodel for all us girls.  It's a flawless plan. 
Good use of the word chump.  Yes, you are.  But it made me smile.  And I do like smiling!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?