<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 02, 2004


You know what I think? I think that too often we live our lives waiting. We think that if we just get to the point where we can do this, or be there, or have that, then we'll be happy and fulfilled. I read a little article once that was about a person just waiting for life to begin. But each time he thought life was about to be the way it should, there would be an interruption. This happened over and over until one day he realized that those interruptions - they were his life. I like that perspective. We don't have to wait till everything is "right" to live. Most of life is made up of situations that are not perfectly "right." That doesn't mean we can't live life to the full. I think I am preaching this to myself, but I think we would all benefit to remind ourselves of it again. I waited all year for Dan to come back from Korea. Now he's back and I find myself waiting for him to come here and not be in Kelowna. But even though he's not here, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy myself now. I forget that sometimes. And, yeah, this is just my situation. But I can't help but look around and see all sorts of people I know in the same sort of place. Waiting to go somewhere. Or to have a certain job. Or to be rid of a certain job. Or move on to the next thing. I say, let's stop waiting and carpe diem now. Can we give it a try? I know this is much simpler to say than to actually do, and I also know that a lot of you have this mindset already. I just needed to express it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?