<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

Woo Hoo! 


After four and a half long years I am currently off any medication whatsoever. Yay! Turns out there are some very interesting side effects of going off of drugs - which on a side note I was told were not at all addictive. Apparently the difference between being addicted to a drug and being dependent is different and a very fine line. When you don't crave something, but want it really badly because you feel real sick without it you are not addicted, only dependant. This is a clarification that would have been very helpful to me 5 years ago! Anyways, some interesting side effects of going off my drugs are as follows:
- the shakes - like being cold without feeling cold. Good luck figuring that one out
- Confused nerves - like the nerves and responses in your head are all of a sudden on their own to figure out what to do. Without direction they left me feeling like I was in pain, but wasn't quite sure where.
- Fuzzy headedness - this is not to be confused with the fuzzy headedness which is a side effect of being on the drugs. This leaves an incredibly confused, instead of incredibly docile feeling.
- Pain - headaches. Oh my God, the headaches.
- Tingles - They come and go in waves. Big weird feeling waves.
-Little hallucinations - not big ones like seeing ghosts or anything, but seeing something moving out of the corner of your eye yet knowing its completely impossible.
-Panic - seriously this might seem like it would be medically unrelated, but holy crap! Its like coming out of a fog and all of a sudden being aware of everything around you and it seems like everything moves faster and busier.
-Flu like Nausea - feeling like puking but never really being able to.
-DIZZYNESS - ugh. I have walked into far too many walls lately
and finally...
-Excitement - knowing that soon I'm going to be able to think straight and having the hope that my life will be healthy and I will be able to function to my capability.

Effexor - $8/month with mom's medical coverage
Being unmedicated - priceless


On a side note, thank you to those of you who've been so supportive and excited for me. Seriously its made a huge difference. This isn't the sort of thing you can do alone.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?