<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Done and done! 


I feel both supremely invincible and utterly defeated at this very moment, having just completed my last assignment for school. I have really struggled through this last month, and am thankful for the friends I've had around me. Ultimately, I have failed in many ways, failed to be a good friend, a good brother, a good man. But as Paul writes of how terrible a person he is, he concludes with this: "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?" This is, of course, a rhetorical question.

Though I am quite happy that I have finished something of such great importance, I am also quite sad. I regret not getting to know many people who I could have; I regret much of the time I have wasted (though not all of it was wasted, I guess); I regret losing friends through conflict or inattention; I regret rejecting grace when it was offered, and expecting grace when it was not. I am sad that, in two days, many of the people I care most about will be moving away, and there isn't time to say proper goodbyes. If I have left anything undone or unsaid, I am sorry.

But this is also a time to rejoice. We have come through a great trial, and though not unscathed, we are still in one piece, thanks to Dad. Well, lyrics, finish us off.


"Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things
That I feel
If I could
Maybe I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me"

"You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it
Another lonely day"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?