<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Look Ma, no socks! 


Today, I realized something of grave importance. CHURCH IS GOOD FOR YOU. I got up, went to Michael Szuk's bible class on James, attended an evangelical liturgical service, and overall had a great time. Szuk's class, as usually, was so practical. All the old people (which was just about everybody but me, and Szuk decided to point that out at the beginning of the class) knew the Bible so well, and it was very informative and encouraging.

The service was also great. I've always enjoyed the more liturgical services; Pentecostal services, though 'exciting,' don't seem to offer much community or participation. I feel like I've received a second wind. With so much fighting and other crap that has been going on in my life these last few weeks, and with papers and exams piling up because I've been too depressed to work on them, today seems like heaven. I only hope it lasts, that I'm not deceiving myself into some false sense of security and happiness.

However, my feet are cold, so I'm going to put some socks on. I tried really hard today, but it's time to give in.


"There was a little boy once upon a time
Who in spite of his young age and small size knew his mind
For every copper penny and clover he would find
Make a wish for better days the end of hard times"

"For no more cold feet
Cold cold cold cold feet"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?