<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Revenge of the Sith Nerds 


So Josh and I decided last night around 8:30pm to go see Star Wars. There was a midnight showing at the theatre, and since we figured there would be lines, we left just before nine. The lines weren't the only thing that made us leave early. The theatre was 6.3km away (Josh keeps saying miles, being from Salmo and all). The walk to the theatre wasn't that bad, and there were almost no lines. We got great seats.

The problem, however, was the walk home. We didn't leave the theatre until 2:30am, and it was still over an hour to get home. So there we are, trudging along in the middle of the night, rain spitting, every late-night convenience store closed. By luck, we stumbled across a 7-11. I didn't intend on going that route, but it's a good thing we did. We finally made it home at 3:50am.

Was it worth it? Yes. Was it the movie the best ever? No. Not even my favourite Star Wars movie, but it was by far better than Episode I & II. My frail, exhausted little body didn't even threaten to fall asleep during the movie (though the trek home is a different story).

We kept trying to figure out who the biggest nerds were. For example: the girl with the Hebrew written on her hoodie, or the guy who could read it? Usually, people use foreign languages like that as a conversation piece, like on a tattoo or something so that someone will ask them about it. I am above that. I am a nerd.

The guys who have been in line for 4 hours, or the guys who walked over an hour? The kids standing around, looking cool and smoking cigarettes, or the guys playing crib with only 1 peg (and a cut up piece of stir-stick) and Star Wars Episode I cards? The guys who played Area 51 repeatedly and sucked (one guy shoots the barrels, the other guy shoots the aliens, geez guys), or the guy who watched them suck? Many of these are, for the record, things I noticed and didn't mention to Otto. So Josh, if you don't remember some of these conversations, you're not crazy.


"I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda
S-O-D-A, soda.
The long-term contract I had to sign
Says I'll be making these movies till the end of time
With my Yoda."

"Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?