<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 30, 2005


Well, it's been an eventful couple of weeks for me: going to the Island, chilling with the Mo, a visit from the love-birds in Kelowna, the beginning of a reconciliation of a much-missed friendship, Melissa's birthday, and now, I'm going home for the long weekend. Hoping to catch some Jazz at the Festival (missed the free weekend in Gastown, but there's more at Granville Island), and helping my friend move to the place where he'll live when he's married in a couple of months.

All this business has helped me realize something very important: the world doesn't stop, it doesn't end. Something might happen, and it seems like your whole world is crashing down, but it isn't. It sounds insensitive, but the world doesn't wait for anybody. It's actually a good thing. If the world waited for me, then no one would get anywhere. Because of this, we must take courage, for tomorrow is a new day, an exciting, breath-taking adventure that God has laid out before us. Let's have the courage to walk in it, to wait for it, to live it when it comes.

Courage.


"I went down to houston
And I stopped in san antone
I passed up the station for the bus
I was trying to find me something
But I wasn't sure just what
Man I ended up with pockets full of dust
So I went on to cleveland and I ended up insane
I bought a borrowed suit and learned to dance
I was spending money like the way it likes to rain
Man I ended up with pockets full of cane"

"Oh my sweet Carolina
What compels me to go
Oh my sweet disposition"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?