<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 05, 2006

in regards to the job... 


I absolutely love my new job. Sure, I've only had two training shifts, but something about it seems so right and I came home both times feeling so excited and passionate about what I was doine. Last night I even worked an 11pm-7am shift. And most of it was cleaning (5 bathrooms at that) and I still loved every minute. I love the home. I love the women I've met so far. I love everything that we do (even if it is intense and way beyond my naive worldview). I feel like I have entered something that is going to stretch me and teach me so much, yet is so right for me. I don't think it will be easy. Part of it freaks me out (doing room checks every hour during the night to ensure that everyone is indeed breathing). Part of it makes me so sad (women come straight off of the streets...high, drunk, detoxing, homeless, you name it). Yet I feel like I am walking into a dream come true. It may only be for a time, but for right now everything feels so right. I'm the youngest staff member I've met so far. I'm by far the most naive and stupid. But I'm passionate. And they hired me. And they all want to help me. It's such a cool feeling. Wow!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?