<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Coming "Home?" 


Here is a list of feelings I am having regarding leaving Blind Channel Resort:
Fear
Trepidation
Excitement
Joy
Anxiousness
Panicky
Sad
Frustration
and so many other things I can hardly describe it.

I have been on this island for 3 months. I have worked everyday, doing the same thing everyday, for just about 90 straight days. I don't know anymore if I can function elsewhere. i don't know if I want to. I mean, I know I want to...ultimatly I'm dying to get out of here. But this place is so surreal. It is not the real world. It is impossible to explain to anyone who hasn't been here or somewhere like it. Living and working with the same people all the time, always being here (no matter what), working EVERY day, people coming on boats (it is so hard to explain boat people, i think Donkers might get it), the isolation. I haven't heard a cell phone ring, seen a car, seen a group of more than 20 people at a time, been anywhere but here, in 3 months. I can practically feel my social skills dwindling. Yet, I kind of like it. I don't know if i want to live in a city again. I know I don't want to live anywhere quite like this again, but I do like smaller communities...

anyway, I'm rambling, and likely not making much sense. This all to say, I am a little nervous about coming back to the real world. This most likely has something to do with not having anywhere particular to go, knowing that I am a transient for a month before I go to another continent and be a transient there for a while. I have no security right now. Which is fine. But it is hard to "go home" from a place like this, when you have no home to go to.

So, on Tuesday, I am coming home to the home I have. My friends.

See you soon.

(and yes, Holly, I am coming to see you too)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?